No matter where you are in your Python journey, it can always help to practice and refine your skills. This site lists the best resources I’ve found for practicing Python — through exercises and challenges.
If you have found a good resource that helps people to practice and improve their Python skills, send me e-mail at email@example.com, and I’ll add it to this list.
- Practice Makes Python — 50 exercises to improve your Python skills
- Practice Makes Regexp — 50 exercises to improve your skills with regular expressions, including solutions in Python
- Learn Python the Hard Way — Zed Shaw’s ebook that teaches you Python via exercises
- Python Challenge — play a game, and learn Python along the way!
- PyBytes — weekly challenges, often using Django or Flask to create Web applications
- Python programming challenges — a list of Python programming challenges
- Python challenges — a categorized list, from easy to hard, of Python programming challenges
- Python challenges — a list of 100 problems to solve in Python
- Python challenges — another list of Python problems
- Project Euler — programming challenges not specifically for Python
- Practice Python — beginner exercises in Python
- Python exercises — in a variety of categories, at a variety of levels
- Code Wars — fix the code that doesn’t work
- Weekly Python Exercise — subscription service with a new exercise (challenge) sent out every Tuesday, and a solution e-mailed the following Monday. Includes access to a forum in which subscribers can exchange ideas and solutions and regular office hours.
- Codecademy — learn Python (and many other languages), with the initial classes being free